Homeware stores and homeware retailersFurnitureGardenDesignHomewarePropertyDecoratingLuxuryArts and CraftsPublic servicesUtilitiesFlooringHome appliancesKitchenwareTableware
Joseph Joseph is an innovative designer and manufacturer of homeware and kitchenware products which are now available through its online store, including colanders, chopping boards, storage, kitchen tools, containers, book stands and outdoor dining.
- The No-Spill Mill Electric Salt and Pepper Mill with Closing Base was winner of the Countertop Kitchenware category at the 2012 Housewares Design Awards.
- The Y-Grinder has won a Red Dot Design Award 2010 -Hands On also won an Honourable mention.
- Hands On has won the Kitchen and Dining category at the 2010 Gift of the Year awards organised by the giftware association - Y-Grinder was highly commended in the same category.
- Double winner at the Excellence in Housewares Awards 2009 organised by Progressive Housewares magazine in - Excellence in Homewares for Nest 8 (sponsored by International Housewares Association) and Excellence in Innovation.
- Winner (Arena Self-Draining Dishrack) - Kitchenware Innovation Award - The Housewares Conference and Innovation Awards 2012 - also winner of a Silver for the Elevate Carousel Set.
- The Wash & Drain Washing Up Bowl From Joseph Joseph has won the Excellence in Homeware title in the Excellence in Housewares Awards 2013 and Joseph Joseph has received the Excellence in Innovation Award.
Emma Bridgewater is a Stoke-on-Trent based pottery business, designer and manufacturer of tableware, kitchenware and decorating ware. This homeware specialist is drawing on a long and well-evolved expertise and a Staffordshire earthenware tradition which stretches back 200 year. It operates two stores in London and one in Edinburgh and products are available through a network of stockists.
- Winner of the Icon Award for the Half Pint mug in the Excellence in Housewares Awards 2010
- Voted Business of the year in The Sentinel Business Awards 2009
Online shop offering fair trade, organic and eco friendly products in ranges including homeware and gardenware, clothing and accessories, energy-saving gadgets, eco cleaning, body care
- Winner - Online retailer of the Year - The Observer Ethical Awards 2008
- Awarded a Good Business Award by the RSPCA in the Fashion category - 2008
Luxury Italian retailer of homeware, kitchenware, tableware and small appliances renowned for their original design which are available through high street stores or online.
- Alessi's Hellraiser collection wins 2011 Interior Design Magazine Best of Year in Product Design Award.
- Winner of five 2011 Good Design Awards from the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design.
- The “Seed safe” designed by Marti Guixe, and the “Blow up - Bamboo collection” by the Campana Brothers have earned the 2010 GREEN GOOD DESIGN Award from the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design.
- “Pasta Pot” by Patrick Jouin for French chef Alain Ducasse (2007) and the table set “Tonale”, designed by English architect David Chipperfield (2009)have received the XXII Compasso d’Oro award in 2011.
- The Tonale table service, designed by David Chipperfield, has received an ELLE DECO International Design Award in 2010.
Original designer of textiles, wallpapers and luxury homeware. Founded in Glasgow by Alistair McAuley and Paul Simmons
- Best Emerging British Luxury Brand - The Walpole Awards for Excellence 2007
- Winner - British Luxury Design Talent - Walpole Awards For Excellence 2010
Quality provider of fashion, homeware and home furnishings started in London in 1953. Online or through its network of stores, offers a wide range of products including furniture, bedlinen, fabrics, curtains, and decorative accessories
- Winner of the 2008 retailer of the year award - Homes and Gardens Classic Design Awards.
- Laura Ashley Made To Order website won the Best eCommerce Site at the Dadi Awards 2009.
- Laura Ashley Made To Order (MTO) website - Bronze Award - Freshest Niche Market Project - Fresh Media & Digital Awards 2009.
- Highly Commended - Best Interiors Collection/Decor Junior Design Awards 2011.
- Lara Ashley's website named Most Popular and Best Housing & Interior Website at the Website of the Year award 2011.
Cook in Style
Cook in Style is a web-based distributor of quality, value for money kitchen and homeware products with an extensive product range of 5000 items including utensils, trolleys homeware kitchen and tableware.
- Nominated - Britain's Best Retail Website category - Britain’s Best Retailer Awards 2008.
Homeware retailer which incorporates all the essential elements for a comfortable home: simple yet classic linen, generous and absorbent towels together with luxurious, warm throws. Online or boutique on Kings Road, London
- Josephine Home named as one of Walpole Brands of Tomorrow 2010
Customer service in homeware stores
What are the key characteristics of a good customer service in homeware stores? We have started to build a list including key customer service components of a homeware store offer. Please do not hesitate to suggest additional ones.
- The stores should offer a wide range of products, including furniture, homeware and kitchenware to name a few so that they provide a one-stop shopping destination for their clients.
- A good delivery service might be an important element of customer service for homeware as many items are bulky and cannot necessarily be collected easily from stores.
- Availability of goods is very important to ensure a good customer experience. Indeed, there is nothing worse than choosing an item and finding out that there is a several weeks wait before the item will be available for shipping.
- A fair and efficient returns policy if products are found to be deficient and the customer service team is being called upon.
- A store card could be a useful addition to the range of services offered by the store to its customers. This is especially valuable if the store card includes a range of exclusive customer benefits such as discounts or extended warranty period.