Very good travel companies
Independent travel company specialising in organising luxury holidays to the Caribbean, Indian Ocean and Far East. Blue Bay Travel's service, provided through personal travel consultants, has been widely recognised.
- BlueBay Travel named Travel Company of the Year 2011 at the TTG Travel Awards - also a finalist in the Online Travel Agent of the Year category.
- Winner - Top UK Call Centre 2012, 2011, 2010 & 2009, STAR Awards.
- BlueBay voted Top Independent Agent 2011, 2010 & 2009 at Virgin Holidays Awards and Agent of the Year 2011 at Thomas Cook Awards.
- Preferred Agent 2011, 2010 & 2009 at the Almond Ambassador Awards and Top UK Independent Agent 2010 at the Karisma Awards.
- Finalist - Call Centre Manager of the Year 2012 (Kevin Baskeyfield), Call Centre Manager of the Year 2011 (Gemma Pyatt), The Agent Achievement Awards, the National Awards for Travel Distribution.
- Winner – TTG Tomorrow’s Travel Leaders (Gemma Pyatt) 2013
- Customer reviews and additional awards won by Blue Bay Travel can be found on their customer service plus page >>
- BlueBay is finalist for Travel Agency of the Year and Travel Team of the Year at the TTG Travel Awards 2013.
Sandals luxury resorts
Sandals Resorts specialise in providing travellers with the most romantic luxury experience in the Caribbean, offering the choice of 13 properties located in Jamaica, Antigua, St. Lucia, and The Bahamas.
- Sandals was named Favourite All-Inclusive, Favourite Hotel Chain and Favourite Environmentally Friendly Company at the Baxter Travel Media Agents Choice Awards 2010.
- Sandals was honoured with the title of Best All-Inclusive Resort Chain and Best Caribbean Hotel Chain at the Travel Weekly Readers Choice Awards 2008.
- World's Leading All-Inclusive Company and Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand – World Travel Awards 2009 and 2010 ; World's Most Romantic Resort - World Travel Awards 2010.
- Sandals was woted Best Hotel Chain Caribbean and Best Wedding and Honeymoon Hotel (Sandals Grande Antigua) in the Thomas Cook Awards 2008.
- Winner - Best destination choice - The Wedding Ideas Awards 2011 - Wedding Ideas Magazine and Voted Top All-Inclusive Brand - Brides Magazine's 2011 Best Honeymoon Survey.
- Sandals received the title of Best All Inclusive Hotel / Resort company at the British Travel Awards 2011.
- World's Most Romantic Resort - Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa, Antigua - WTA 2011 - January 2012.
- Best All-Inclusive Resort Operator - Globe Travel Awards 2012 also, Oustanding Achievement Award for Gordon 'Butch' Stewart.
- Hotel, group or resort of the year in the Caribbean - Travel Agents Choice Awards 2011.
- Sandals has received 12 accolades at the World Travel Awards 2012 including Caribbean's Leading Luxury All-Inclusive Resort and World's Leading All-Inclusive Company.
- Sandals received the Best All-Inclusive Resort Operator accolade at the Global Travel Awards 2013.
Airline serving individuals and companies, direct or through travel agents and travel management companies
- Nominated - Best long haul airline - TNT Travel Awards 2011
- Top ranked in Top five business travel heroes of 2011 - Survey of 252 business travel buyers ahead of The Business Travel Show 2012
- Best short-haul airline 2010 and 2013 and Best Business Class 2010 in the Ultra travel Awards organised by The Daily Telegraph.
- Worlds's Leading Airline Website - World Travel Awards 2009
- Best Scheduled Airline to Europe - Globe Travel Awards 2009 and British travel Awards 2010
- Best Long-Haul Airline - Business Travel Awards 2011
- Winner - Best Long-Haul Airline - Business Travel Awards 2012
- Favourite Airline 2012 - Consumer Awards - Globe Travel Awards
- Best UK-based airline (Gold) - Meetings & Incentive Travel Awards 2012
- Voted Best Airline by readers of Business Traveller magazine - Business Traveller Awards 2011
- British Airways was voted Favorite Short Haul Airline in the Telegraph Travel Awards 2012.
- British Airways was voted Favourite Airline in the Consumer category of the Global Travel Awards 2013.
- British Airways has collected the 2013 Best CSR Programme accolade at the British Business Travel Awards.
- British Airways was voted the best full-service airline flying from Cape Town International Airport in their 2012 Feather Awards survey.
- British Airways has won one of the Best Customer Service awards at the British Travel Awards 2013.
Holiday autos is the world's largest and leading leisure car hire broker - Part of lastminute.com .
- Best UK Travel Website 2010 - The Travel Press Awards 2010.
- Best Travel and Leisure Campaign at the Revolution Awards 2011.
- Holiday Autos was included in the Top 5 Travel Website list - Sunday Mirror 2010.
- Best Use of Social Media - The Travel Marketing Awards 2011.
- Holiday Autos is part of lastminute.com which was category winner in the Cool Brands 2011/2012 for Travel Agents.
Virgin Trains is a UK long-distance train travel franchise operator. For business and leisure travellers, they offer connections to UK major cities - London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow and Edinburgh - via the West Coast Mainline.
- Virgin Trains has been voted the top long-distance franchise operator for 2012 by The Institute of Transport Management based on criteria such as price, frequency, punctuality, health and safety, comfort and cleanliness.
- Virgin Trains has been named best train operator by Which? Magazine in 2012
- Business Traveller magazine readers voted Virgin Trains the Best UK Domestic Rail Operator in 2012.
- In 2011 Virgin Trains won the British Quality Foundation's Achievement Award for Customer Satisfaction.
- In the National Passenger Survey results published in January 2013, Virgin Trains scored 92% for overall customer satisfaction, the highest level ever achieved by a franchise operation.
- Virgin Train won best rail operator 2011 in the Daily Mail Globe Travel Awards.
- Virgin Trains is included in the list of the top 5 transport companies according to the UK Customer Satisfaction index in January 2013.
- Seen on Twitter, a "customer service award" for Virgin Trains.
- Virgin Trains is included in the top 10 for the 2013 travel industry Social Brands 100.
- We have received a customer review about Virgin Trains via Twitter. To view click >>
- Virgin Train is one of the Top 5 Best rail company in the Guardian and Observer 2013 Travel Awards.
- Virgin Trains has been nominated for Best Rail Operator in the Business Travel Awards 2014 and in the Global Travel Awards 2014 organised by Travel Weekly.
Greenforce is part of a group of travel companies which specialise in exciting and rewarding gap year and career break expeditions to remote destinations around the world. Member of the Gapforce group of travel websites
- Gapforce is the winner of the BETA British Youth Tourism Award for Green Tourism 2009
One of the most respected travel brands around the world which operates one of the world's youngest fleet in the air across a network spanning five continents
- Best Worldwide Airline - Ultra travel 100 - 2010 - The Daily Telegraph
- Top Airline Wanderlust Travel Awards 2010 and Top Worldwide Airline Wanderlust Travel Award 2009 (UK)
- Best International Airline, Best International Airline for First Class Service, Best Airline for Flights to Eastern and Southeastern Asia, Best Airline Customer Service (Asia), Best Frequent Flyer program (Asia)- Executive Travel Magazine (USA) - Ex
- Best Long Haul Airline, Best Business Class - Guardian / Observer Travel Awards 2009 and 2010
- Best economy airline - Guardian, Observer Travel Awards 2011
- Ranked #2 - The World's Best Airlines at 2011 World Airline Awards held at the Paris Air Show.
- Voted Top Airline - Wanderlust Travel Awards 2012 and 2013.
- Singapore Airlines was awarded Favorite Long Haul Airline in the Telegraph travel Awards 2012.
- Singapore Airlines was voted Best Cabin Crew in the Daily Telegraph Ultra Travel 100 awards 2013.
- Named Best Airline in Asia at the 16th edition of the Conde Nast Business Travel Awards in 2013.
One of the leading UK travel companies providing holidays to mainland USA, Canada, the Caribbean, the Far East, South Africa, the Middle East, Indian Ocean, Mauritius, New Zealand and Australia plus a well-established ski programme
- Favourite Long Haul Operator - as voted for by readers of the Daily Mail, Mail On Sunday, Metro and London Lite - Travel Weekly Annual Globe Awards 2009
- Virgin Holidays Customer Service Team - short listed for Customer Service Team - B2C - National Customer Service Awards 2010
- Favourite Long Haul Operator - Consumer Award Winners - Globe Travel Awards 2012
- Ranked #7 overall and first for Tourism - UK Customer Satisfaction Index results January 2012
- Finalist - Best high street, travel and leisure customer service - European Call Centre & Customer Service Awards 2012
- Virgin Holidays has been named Best Family TourOperator at the inaugural Sunday Times and Times Travel Awards 2013.
Sustainable luxury accommodation and spa holidays in 7 countries including Maldives, Thailand, Vietnam, Oman, Fiji, Jordan, and Spain.
- Winner Global Tourism Business Award 2008 at the World Travel and Tourism Council's Tourism for Tomorrow Awards
- Overall Winner for Large Resorts/Lodges - Conde Nast Traveler - 2010 World Savers Awards and Gold List 2010 (Soneva Fushi by Six Senses, Maldives)- Conde Nast Traveler - USA The Gold List 2010
- Asia's Leading Resort Brand - Six Senses Resorts & Spas - World Travel Awards 2010
- Winner - Corporate Social Responsibility - Walpole Awards for Excellence 2010 (The Walpole British Luxury)
- Six Senses Con Dao is a Winner of Artravel Awards 2013.
Expert award-winning travel company focusing on three exciting parts of the world (Africa+Indian Ocean, South+South East Asia Central+South America) where destination experts design luxury honeymoons, private safaris & ultimate family holidays.
- cazenove+loyd was ranked #1 for first-hand knowledge of destination - Worldwide Tour Operators - Conde Nast Travellers Readers' Travel Awards 2011.
- Top 5 - Specialist Tour Operator - Conde Nast Traveller Readers’ Travel Awards 2008 - 2011 (ranked #3 in 2011.
- Ranked #1 for level of expertise - Specialist Tour Operator - Conde Nast Traveller Readers’ Travel. Awards 2010.
- cazenove+loyd was the winner of the Specialist Tour Operator at the Conde Nast Traveller Readers’ Awards 2007.
Leading travel agent established in the UK since 1998, offering flights, hotels, car rentals and holidays online
- Innovation in Travel Award for Expedia Hotel View - The Globe Travel Awards 2011 presented by Travel Weekly
- UK's favourite Online Booking Website, as voted for by readers of the Mail group newspapers - The Globe Travel Awards 2011
- Best Online Travel Company - Telegraph Travel Awards 2005
- expedia.com named Best Flight Booking Company and Best Hotel Booking Company at the British Travel Awards 2010
- Ranked #2 - Travel websites - The Conde Nast Readers' Travel Awards 2011
- Favourite On Line Booking Website 2012 - Consumer Awards - Globe Travel Awards
- Expedia was named Best Travel Website at the Times and Sunday Times Travel Awards 2013.
- Expedia has been voted Best Online Travel Agency in the British Travel Awards 2013.
Source of exciting and colorful experiences for both consumers and travel professionals including holiday tours, sightseeing, attractions, activities and best things to do in more than 50 countries across the world to plan and book ahead
- Rising brand of the year - Travolution Awards 2009
- Named the 2nd fastest growing digital media company in Europe - GP Bullhound’s Media Momentum Awards 2009
- Best Travel Agent Website - Highly Commended - Travolution Awards 2010
- Shortlisted for Innovation in Travel and Leisure award in the Econsultancy Innovation Awards 2012 shortlist
- Best Attraction Website - Travolution Awards 2011 Winner
Journeys Ã la Carte
Travel agent which aims to find the right holiday, irrespective of budget, age, individual tastes and whether tailor-made or from a brochure.
- Best Travel Agent - Guardian/Observer Travel Awards 2008
- ranked #3 - Best travel agent - Guardian, Observer and guardian.co.uk Travel Awards 2010
- Best Travel Agent - Guardian, Observer and guardian.co.uk Travel Awards 2011
- Journeys a la Carte were named Joint-winner - Best Travel Agent - at the Guardian, Observer and guardian.co.uk Readers' Travel Awards 2012
- Journeys a la Carte was voted Best travel agent in the 2013 Guardian and Observer Readers' Travel Awards.
Jumeirah Goup Hotels and Resorts
World class luxury international hotel group with properties located in many international travel destinations
- Middle East's Leading Hotel and Dubai's Leading Hotel (Burj Al Arab)- World Travel Awards 2009
- Best Business Hotel Chain in the Middle East (Jumeirah #1)- Business Traveller UK Awards 2009 - and, Best Leisure/Resort Hotel in the Middle East (Jumeirah Beach Hotel # 1) -The Business Traveller Middle East Awards 2009
- Best Middle Eastern Hotel (Jumeirah Beach Hotel)- Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards 2009 - and, Best Hotel / Resort in the Middle East (Burj Al Arab)- Luxury Travel Advisor Awards of Excellence 2009
- Best Hotel Chain in the Middle East (Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts)- Global Traveler Tested Reader Survey 2009
- Top Favourite Hotel - Grand City Hotel Africa & Middle East and Luxury Resort Africa & Middle East (Burj Al Arab)- Centurion Magazine Reader’s Choice 2011
- World’s Best Luxury Resort Spa (Talise Spa Madinat Jumeirah)- World Luxury Hotel Awards 2011
- Best Hotel in the Eastern United States (Jumeirah Essex House)- Global Traveler’s GT Tested Reader Survey 2010
- Best Business Hotel Chain in the Middle East (Jumeirah Group)- Business Traveller Awards 2010
- Winner - World's Excellence In Service Award 2011 - World Travel Awards 2011 - January 2012
- Nominee - Best Hotel Chain (worldwide)- Globe Travel Awards 2012
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel is one of the runners-up for Best hotels in the Middle East in the Ultratravel 100 list for 2012
National Express is one of the leading travel providers in the UK offering train and coach services as well as transfer to airports and travel to large events such as music festivals and sporting events.
- National Express East Coast - top ranking - independent National Passengers Survey (NPS) - customer satisfaction league table of long distance train providers - autumn 2008
- National Express has been shortlisted for Employee Engagement (Loving the Customer) as well as Insight and Feedback in the 2013 UK Customer Experience Awards.
- Seen on Twitter in October 2013, very good customer feedback about National Express service >>