Top travel insurance companiesBanksInsuranceCredit cardsBuilding societiesMortgages and loansForeign exchangePetsHome insuranceCar insuranceTravel insuranceHealth insurancePet insurance
Staysure was set up in 2004, originally with a travel insurance focus, to provide insurance products to the over 50s in UK and Europe. Products now include single trip and annual multi trip covers and a full range of personal insurance policies.
- Staysure was voted ‘Best Travel Insurance Provider’ at The 15th annual Personal Finance Awards 2012/2013.
- Staysure was ranked #15 in the Sunday Times 2011 Fast Track 100 league table. Also included in the top 30 in 2012 and Top 10 in 2010.
- Staysure have been nominated for the Best 50+ Insurance Provider and the Best Customer Service Award at the 50+ Awards 2013.
- Staysure have won the The Customer Service Award at the UK Broker Awards 2013 organised by Insurance Age.
- Staysure have been named Personal Lines Broker of the Year at the British Insurance Awards 2021.
- Staysure voted Best Travel Insurance Provider 2020/2021 at The British Travel Awards.
- Staysure have been Highly Commended as Travel Insurance Provider of the Year at the Moneyfacts Consumer Awards 2022.
- Staysure have won the title of Best Company for travel insurance at the 2023 British Travel Awards.
Travel insurance by Marks and Spencer, giving option of single trip or annual multi-trip cover and choices of cover for medical emergency, travel disruptions, cancellation, winter sports and baggage cover.
- Best Travel Insurance Provider - 2011 Consumer Moneyfacts Awards.
- Marks and Spencer was voted Trusted Travel Insurance provider at the Moneywise Customer Service Awards 2011 and 2012.
- M&S was named Trusted Travel Insurance Provider 2013 at the Moneywise Customer Service Awards.
- Which? Travel Insurance Recommended Provider in 2015.
- M&S is ranked in the top ten for customer experience in Fairer Finance’s 2023 ratings for travel insurance (website published as at Nov 2023).
Insure and Go
Award-winning travel insurance specialist providing convenient high value cover at the lowest prices possible for leisure holidays, business trips and long stay travel. Single trips, annual multi-trips and backpackers covers are available.
- Best travel insurance provider - Customer Service - Moneywise’s Customer Service Awards 2009.
- Winner - Most Trusted Companies - Travel insurance provider - Moneywise’s Customer Service Awards 2009.
- Winner - The E-business Award - UK Broker Awards 2008.
- Winner - Innovation award in the "large companies" category - 2010 Essex Business Excellence Awards.
- Insure and Go has won a Silver award - Best Travel Insurance Provider - The British Travel Awards 2009 and 2010.
- InsureandGo was highly commended - Best Travel Insurance Provider - Consumer Moneyfacts Awards 2012.
- Insure and Go was named Favourite Insurance Provider at the TNT Magazine’s UK Golden BackPack Awards 2012.
- Insure & Go shortlisted for Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider 2014 in the Moneywise Customer Service Awards.
- InsureandGo were highly Commended (Best Travel Insurance Provider) at the 2019 Insurance Choice Awards.
- InsureandGo is ranked amongst the top 5 "Best in Travel Insurance Companies" on Trustpilot in June 2023.
Virgin Money are a market leader in providing travel insurance. They offer single trip cover, annual multi trip insurance as well over 65s cover and cover for the younger generations worldwide adventures through their backpackers policies.
- Virgin Money named Best online Travel insurance provider in the Your Money Direct Awards 2011.
- Virgin Money are short listed for Best Travel Insurance Provider in the Consumer Moneyfacts Awards 2012.
- Best Online Travel Insurance Provider was awarded to Virgin Money at the Your Money Direct Awards in 2012 and 2013.
Post Office Travel Insurance
A range of award winning travel insurance products which can be bought by customers online or through the UK nationwide Post Office network: single, annual multi-trip, explorer or long trip travel insurance
- Best Travel Insurance Provider - British travel Awards 2011
- Best Travel Insurance Retailer and Best Foreign Exchange Retailer - The British Travel Awards 2009
- The Post Office was voted 2012 Trusted Travel Insurance Provider at the Moneywise Customer Service Awards.
- The Post Office was named Best Travel Insurance provider at the British travel Awards 2013.
- Post office have won Best Travel Insurance Provider at the Your Money Awards 2021.
- Post Office won the Best Travel Insurance Provider award at the Your Money Awards in 2022 and 2023.
- Post Office was elected Best Travel Insurance provider at the British Travel Awards in 2022.
- Post Office is ranked in the top three for customer experience in Fairer Finance’s 2023 ratings for travel insurance (website published as at Nov 2023).
- Post Office have won Bronze in the category Best Company For Travel Insurance in the 2023 British Travel Awards.
Best customer service travel insurance
This includes companies that are easy to contact, have knowledgeable and helpful representatives, and are quick to process claims. Customer service is an important factor to consider when choosing travel insurance, as it can make a big difference if something goes wrong during your trip. Here are some of the benefits of choosing a travel insurance company with great customer service:
- Peace of mind: Knowing that you have a company that will be there to help you if something goes wrong can give you peace of mind while you're traveling.
- Quicker claims processing: Companies with great customer service are often able to process claims more quickly, which can mean getting your money back sooner.
- More helpful representatives: Representatives from companies with great customer service are often more knowledgeable about the policies and more willing to help you understand your options.
Customer service by travel insurance companies
This is a list of additional resources which may help our visitors to select their travel insurance company. Includes articles form the press or relevant organisations:
- Understanding the jargon used in policies can be complex. To help out here is the Telegraph's selection of Best Travel Insurance Policies - 2012 >>
- Saga scored highest in the 2022 Finder Travel Insurance Customer Satisfaction Awards.
- AllClear Travel Insurance have won the Customer Service Award at the Broker Innovation Awards 2022.
- AllClear Travel Insurance have won the Customer Care Award at the British Insurance Awards 2021.
Travel insurance customer service metrics
What customer service elements are the most important when chosing an insurance company? This is our list of potential customer service criteria which can be taken into account when trying to select the best travel insurance for your business trip or holidays. Don't hesitate to contact us with your suggestions. Thank you
- Details of the cover should be explained in plain English;
- Reasonable use of small print should be made especially with regards to exclusions and excess so that there is no confusion in the eyes of the customers when making a claim under the policy;
- In case of emergency whilst abroad, the customer service team/assistance should be available 24/7 and able to speak to local providers and/or emegency services as required;
- The company should provide customers with streamlined claims process and if possible direct payment to suppliers.