Top travel insurance companiesBanksInsuranceCredit cardsBuilding societiesMortgages and loansForeign exchangePetsHome insuranceCar insuranceTravel insuranceHealth insurancePet insurance
Staysure was set up in 2004, originally with a travel insurance focus, to provide insurance products to the over 50s in UK and Europe. Products now include single trip and annual multi trip covers and a full range of personal insurance policies.
- Staysure was voted ‘Best Travel Insurance Provider’ at The 15th annual Personal Finance Awards 2012/2013.
- Staysure was ranked #15 in the Sunday Times 2011 Fast Track 100 league table. Also included in the top 30 in 2012 and Top 10 in 2010.
- Staysure have been nominated for the Best 50+ Insurance Provider and the Best Customer Service Award at the 50+ Awards 2013.
- Staysure have won the The Customer Service Award at the UK Broker Awards 2013 organised by Insurance Age.
Travel insurance by Marks and Spencer, giving option of single trip or annual multi-trip cover and choices of cover for medical emergency, travel disruptions, cancellation, winter sports and baggage cover.
- Best Travel Insurance Provider - 2011 Consumer Moneyfacts Awards.
- Marks and Spencer was voted Trusted Travel Insurance provider at the Moneywise Customer Service Awards 2011 and 2012.
- M&S was named Trusted Travel Insurance Provider 2013 at the Moneywise Customer Service Awards.
Insure and Go
Award-winning travel insurance specialist providing convenient high value cover at the lowest prices possible for leisure holidays, business trips and long stay travel. Single trips, annual multi-trips and backpackers covers are available.
- Best travel insurance provider - Customer Service - Moneywise’s Customer Service Awards 2009.
- Winner - Most Trusted Companies - Travel insurance provider - Moneywise’s Customer Service Awards 2009.
- Winner - The E-business Award - UK Broker Awards 2008.
- Winner - Innovation award in the "large companies" category - 2010 Essex Business Excellence Awards.
- Insure and Go has won a Silver award - Best Travel Insurance Provider - The British Travel Awards 2009 and 2010.
- InsureandGo was highly commended - Best Travel Insurance Provider - Consumer Moneyfacts Awards 2012.
- Insure and Go was named Favourite Insurance Provider at the TNT Magazine’s UK Golden BackPack Awards 2012.
- Insure & Go shortlisted for Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider 2014 in the Moneywise Customer Service Awards.
Virgin Money are a market leader in providing travel insurance. They offer single trip cover, annual multi trip insurance as well over 65s cover and cover for the younger generations worldwide adventures through their backpackers policies.
- Virgin Money named Best online Travel insurance provider in the Your Money Direct Awards 2011.
- Virgin Money are short listed for Best Travel Insurance Provider in the Consumer Moneyfacts Awards 2012.
- Best Online Travel Insurance Provider was awarded to Virgin Money at the Your Money Direct Awards in 2012 and 2013.
Post Office Travel Insurance
A range of award winning travel insurance products which can be bought by customers online or through the UK nationwide Post Office network: single, annual multi-trip, explorer or long trip travel insurance
- Best Travel Insurance Provider - British travel Awards 2011
- Best Travel Insurance Retailer and Best Foreign Exchange Retailer - The British Travel Awards 2009
- The Post Office was voted 2012 Trusted Travel Insurance Provider at the Moneywise Customer Service Awards.
- The Post Office was named Best Travel Insurance provider at the British travel Awards 2013.
Customer service by travel insurance companies
This is a list of additional resources which may help our visitors to select their travel insurance company. Includes articles form the press or relevant organisations:
- Understanding the jargon used in policies can be complex. To help out here is the Telegraph's selection of Best Travel Insurance Policies - 2012 >>
Travel insurance customer service metrics
What customer service elements are the most important when chosing an insurance company? This is our list of potential customer service criteria which can be taken into account when trying to select the best travel insurance for your business trip or holidays. Don't hesitate to contact us with your suggestions. Thank you
- Details of the cover should be explained in plain English;
- Reasonable use of small print should be made especially with regards to exclusions and excess so that there is no confusion in the eyes of the customers when making a claim under the policy;
- In case of emergency whilst abroad, the customer service team/assistance should be available 24/7 and able to speak to local providers and/or emegency services as required;
- The company should provide customers with streamlined claims process and if possible direct payment to suppliers.