Very good finance companies
Alpari UK is a financial services company which has been recognised as one of the leading providers of online foreign exchange trading services. The company is headquartered in the City of London, regulated by the FCA and offers products such as Forex, Precious Metals and CFDs trading.
- Alpari UK received the award for Best Forex Customer Service in the UK Forex Awards 2013.
- Alpari UK was named winner of the Best Forex Product of the Year for their Direct Pro trading platform and Forex Broker of the Year at the 2012 UK Forex Awards.
- Alpari (UK) won the World Finance Foreign Exchange Award in 2011 for fastest growing fx provider.
- Alpari UK was voted Best FX Broker at the Shares Awards 2011.
- To learn more about Alpari UK commitment to deliver good customer service and view more of their awards, please visit their customer service plus page >>>
- In 2010, Alpari received the Falcon Award for its customer service department (Global FX Broker) in the 2010 FX Traders' Choice Awards.
World First is a specialist financial services company offering foreign exchange and international transfers to thousands of businesses and individuals, helping them move their money safely and quickly around the world.
- World First is the winner of The Huawei Customer Focus Award at the National Business Awards 2012.
- World First Foreign Exchange was named Service Business of the Year at the 2010 Fast Growth Business Awards.
- Awarded a Queen's Award for Enterprise - International Trade in 2009.
- World First customer service plus page to view customer service testimonials >>
- World First have won the 2013 UK Customer Experience Award for Financial Services (banking and investments).
- World First was named the winner of the ‘customer focus’ category in the final of the European Business Awards 2013/2014 in Athens.
- World First are amongst the finalists for the Best eCommerce Customer Service Award in the The eCommerce Awards for Excellence 2014.
Established in 1966, the building society provides mortgages to teachers, people who work in education and Dorset residents as well as a range of savings and financial services to the general public, placing a strong emphasis on customer service.
- Winner - Excellence in Treating Customers Fairly - Mortgage Finance Gazette Awards 2012.
- Teachers Building Society was named Best Local Building Society at the What Mortgage Awards 2011.
- Finalist in the Dorset Business Awards 2008 for ‘Excellence in Customer Care’.
- Short listed (2012) and commended (2009 and 2010) - Best No Notice Account Provider - Moneyfacts Awards.
- Teachers Building Society has won Best Local Building Society in the What Mortgage Awards 2012 for the second year running - August 2012.
- Teachers Building Society has been named a finalist for the Customer Service Award in the BVM (Blackmore Vale) Business Awards 2013.
First Direct offers a range of online and telephone financial services including current accounts, mortgages, loans, credit cards, savings, investments, insurance with a strong focus on good customer service.
- Most Trusted (Most trusted financial company and scored top in 5 other categories) and Service Winner (Best credit card overall service, Best mortgage customer service) - Moneywise Customer Service Awards 2010.
- Best Current Account Provider Award - Consumer Moneyfacts Awards 2011.
- Named as the most trusted current account provider - This is Money Awards 2010 (94% good or very good customer service score).
- Winner - Which? Best Financial Services Provider Award 2010 and 2011 and named Best Brand for Customer Service in a 2010 Which? poll of big brands.
- Overall winner, Most trusted provider in four categories (Travel Insurance, mortgage, credit card savings account) Best for Customer Service in seven categories) - The Great British Customer Service Survey - Moneywise Customer Service Awards 2011.
- Winner - Customer Service - Current Accounts and Mortgages - Lovemoney.com Awards 2011.
- Innovation in Financial Services Award - Econsultancy Innovation Awards 2012.
- First Direct recognised as Best Financial Services Provider - Which? Awards 2012.
- First Direct is listed in the top 20 for Financial Services in the Social Brands 100.
- First Direct collected four accolades at the Moneywise Customer Service Awards 2013 including Most Trusted Credit Card Provider, Most Trusted Mortgage Provider, and Best Current Account for call centre service and online service.
- First Direct is in third position in the 2013 Centre of Customer Experience Excellence Top 10.
- First Direct are listed in the top 5 organisations featured in the UKCSI of January 2014 and the highest ranked in the Financial Services sector.
- First Direct has been included in the Moneywise Customer Service Awards 2014 shortlist for Most Trusted Financial Provider and Most Consistent Provider.
- First Direct is ranked first in The best and worst companies for customer service 2014 list of 100 major companies rated in the Which? annual customer service poll.
- First Diret obtained the top ranking amongst UK Customer Experience Champions 2014 in the research conducted by Nunwood's Excellence Centre.
Providing a safe place for savings and helping local people get on the property ladder have been at the heart of Ipswich Building Society's business for over 160 years. Also provider of buildings and contents insurance products.
- Ipswich Building Society were Winner of Business of the Year - Anglian Business Awards 2009.
- Best Regional Building Society - What Mortgage Awards 2010 and the Society’s shared ownership mortgage was Highly Commended in the First Time Buyer Initiative category.
- Highly commended - Community Services Award for Small to Medium Sized Lenders - Mortgage Finance Gazette Awards 2012.
- Business Team Volunteering Award - Business in the Community East of England 2011 Awards for Excellence.
- Short listed - Best No Notice Business Deposit Account Provider - Business Moneyfacts Awards 2012.
- Ipswich Building Society was Highly Commended for 'Best Regional Building Society' at the 2012 What Mortgage Magazine Awards.
Leading provider of car insurance, mortgages, current accounts, home and contents insurance, credit cards, life assurance, personal loan and pensions operating through The Co-operative Bank, smile and The Co-operative Insurance Society
- The Co-operative Insurance has been voted winner of the Intelligent Choice award for Car Insurance Customer Service 2010.
- Best Online Motor Provider in the 2010 and 2011 direct awards by Your Money magazine.
- Best Longer Term Fixed Rate Mortgage Provider - Moneyfacts awards 2011 winners
- Finalists - Interactive Intelligence best application of technology award - UK Customer Satisfaction Awards 2012
- CFS named Best Large Company at the UK Customer Experience Awards 2009 and The Co-operative Bank ranked second in the UK Customer Service Index Banking league - Institute of Customer Service 2010
- Winner of the Digital Marketing category at the Financial Services Forum Awards 2012.
Leading credit card provider
- Voted Best Business Card Provider - The Business Moneyfacts Awards 2010 and Best credit card for online service, Best credit card for call centre service - Moneywise Customer Service Awards 2010 (Best Customer Service)
- Employees of American Express win Young Customer Service Professional of the Year and Customer Service Leader of the Year at the National Customer Service Awards 2009
- Winner - Award for innovation, Customer Service Manager (Jamie Edward Hendon) and Lifetime Achievement Award (Cilla Adcock) - National Customer Service Awards 2010
- Ranked top in 5 of the 11 categories of the uSwitch Credit Card Customer Satisfaction survey 2010, including Best overall satisfaction - also in top3 for a further 4 categories including Customer Service
- Best Credit Card Marketing Campaign of the Year - The Card Awards 2011
- Most Loved Credit Cards - lovemoney.com's personal finance awards 2011
- Shortlist - Best Corporate Card Provider - Business Travel Awards 2012
- Finalist (Best Credit Card Marketing Campaign of the Year; Best Alternative Payments Programme; Best Affinity or Co-branded Credit Card Programme; Best Business Card Programme; Best Achievement in Customer Service) - The Card and Payments Awards 2012
- American Express was rated highest in customer satisfaction among U.S. credit card companies, according to the annual nationwide study by J.D. Power (The J.D. Power 2013 Credit Card Satisfaction Study).
Leading asset management company providing investment products to over 3 million customers
- F&C Asset Management Plc in partnership with Teleperformance - Shortlisted finalist - Customer Service Team – Financial Services - National Customer Service Awards 2010
- Gold Standard for Fund Management – Incisive Media Gold Standard Awards 2009
- Overall top performers in The Top 50 Call Centres for Customer Service 2009 and Award for Operational Excellence – UK Customer Experience Awards 2009
- F&C REIT named UK Property Investment House of the Year - Estates Gazette Awards 2010
- F&C Investments announced as overall top performers in The Top 50 Call Centres for Customer Service 2010
Largest building society in the world with over 15 million customers offering a wide range of products including savings, mortgages and personal insurance
- Nationwide Building Societies was named as one of the finalists in the Financial Services – Banking category at the UK Customer Experience Awards 2012
- 'Most trusted mortgage provider' and 'Best mortgage customer service' - This is Money Awards 2010
- Shortlisted - Best service from a mortgage provider - The Moneyfacts Awards 2012
- Most Trusted Company (overall) - Moneywise Customer Service Awards 2009 - (also named Most Trusted Savings Provider)
- Best mortgage – overall customer services for remortgages - Best Service Awards - Moneywise Customer Service Awards 2009
- Nationwide is one of the finalists for the Best Return on Customer Service Investment Award at the UK Customer Satisfaction Awards 2013.
- Nationwide was voted Most Consistent Financial Provider at the Moneywise Customer Service Awards 2013.
- Two Nationwide Building Society teams (Hull and South Barking) have been shortlisted for the Customer Experience Team of the Year 2013 in Financial services.
- Nationwide Building Society has been named as one of the finalists for the The SITEL Customer Commitment Award in the 2014 UK Customer Satisfaction Awards.
- Nationwide is one of six financial institutions listed in the Moneywise Customer Service Awards 2014 shortlist for Most Trusted Financial Provider.
- Nationwide regularly publishes a number of customer satisfaction indicators such as their Customer Service Tracker showing 96% satisfaction for branch service in the first quarter of 2014. More customer service indicators can be seen here. >>
- Nationwide were voted High Street Savings Provider of the Year by Consumer Moneyfacts in 2014.
- Nationwide was ranked best major financial services provider in UK and in the top 10 per cent of all UK brands in The 2013 Customer Experience Excellence Survey from Nunwood.
- To learn more about Nationwide customer service and see more of their recent awards, visit their plus page >>
- Nationwide were finalists in the 2014 UK Customer Experience Awards for Financial Services (Banking & Investment Technology Solutions).
- Nationwide are ranked in the top 10 UK Customer Experience Champions 2014 in the research conducted by Nunwood's Excellence Centre and in second position for financial services providers.
One of the UK's leading friendly societies, provides savings plans that allow customers to make use of their tax-free allowance
- National Business Awards for Scotland for the "Orange Best Use Of Technology In Business Award 2007"
- Winner of international award for best practice in insurance administration by Celent, a global independent research consultancy based in Boston, Massachusetts
- Winner of an Arts & Business Scotland Award for its sponsorship of ‘Meet Our Authors’- 2010
- Scottish Friendly have been shortlisted in the 2013 Financial Services Company of the Year award category in The Scottish Business Awards.
Green Flag is an award winning financial services intermediary providing car breakdown cover insurance to its customers.
- Winner of Your Money, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Best Online Breakdown Cover Provider Award
- Best Breakdown Cover Provider - Your Money Awards 2009 - 2010
- GreenFlag is recognised for its customer excellence by being included in the 2013 UK CEEC Top 100 and ranked top 5 in the financial sector.
Customer service in financial services
This contains additional information about customer service in financial services which may be useful to our visitors.
- A list of financial services companies which provide customer service via Twitter can be found on our dedicated list. >>
- A key driver to good customer service is a motivated and well trained workforce. To help you find financial institutions where employee satisfaction is high, here is Forbes' 2012 Best Financial Companies to work for. >>
- The latest financial services companies news from the Financial Times can provide good indicators to identify the list of leaders for 2013. >>
- The Time list of The 25 Best Financial Blogs comprising the most influential and useful finance blogs with a review by some of the best-known bloggers of each other's work. >>